QPAC®40 poly(propylene carbonate)
QPAC®40 poly(propylene carbonate) is an amorphous, clear, readily processable solid polymer with long-term mechanical stability. The chemical formula is (C4H6O3)n.
QPAC®40 is available in the following forms:
- Aqueous Dispersion/Emulsion
What are the applications for QPAC®40?
QPAC®40 poly(propylene carbonate) is used as a binder with ceramic, metal, or glass powders to make high purity technical parts, pastes, inks, and coatings. Sacrificial structural applications include decomposable channel former and pore former. Non-binder applications include barrier film in plastic processing.
Key Benefits Include:
- Excellent adhesion and improved lubricity
- Co-firing in any atmosphere without oxidation
- Outstanding green strength
- Complete and clean burnout leaving less than 10 ppm ash residue, resulting in superb mechanical and/or electrical properties
- Low-temperature decomposition is excellent for thermally sensitive materials and is more efficient than other binders
- Products of combustion are only carbon dioxide & water
- Excellent viscosity properties in ink/paste systems
- Decomposition occurs in a wide range of atmospheres, including air, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, argon, and vacuum
- Range of molecular weights from 100,000 to 300,000
Typical Physical Properties of QPAC®40
|Decomposition Temperature (°C)||250 (estimate)|
|Glass Transition Temperature (°C)||15-40|
|Heat of combustion (cal/gm)||4,266|
|Heat of formation (cal/mol)||-146,000|
|Molar Mass of repeating unit||102.1|
Give us a call (302) 225-0100 or send us an email