QPAC®130 poly(cyclohexene carbonate)
QPAC®130 poly(cyclohexene propylene carbonate) is an amorphous, clear, readily processable solid polymer with long-term mechanical stability.
QPAC®130 is available in the following forms:
What are the applications for QPAC®130?
Binder for ceramic, metal, or glass powders. Sacrificial structural applications include decomposable channel former and pore former.
Key Benefits Include:
- Offered in a wide range of molecular weights
- Excellent adhesion and improved lubricity
- Complete and clean burnout leaving less than 10 ppm ash residue, resulting in superb mechanical and/or electrical properties
- Low-temperature decomposition is excellent for thermally sensitive materials and is more efficient than other binders
- Co-firing in any atmosphere without oxidation
- Outstanding green strength
- Complete and clean burnout at low temperatures
- Products of combustion are only carbon dioxide & water
- Higher Tg (glass transition temperature) for more thermal stability at higher temperatures
- Designed for sacrificial placeholder applications
- Decomposition occurs in a wide range of atmospheres, including air, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, argon, and vacuum
- Range of molecular weights from 150,000 to 200,000
Typical Physical Properties
|Decomposition Temperature (°C)||250 (onset estimate)|
|Glass Transition Temperature (°C)||120-130|
Give us a call (302) 225-0100 or send us an email